Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Happy?

I think I am. Things have been going well. Despite my slacking, I'm getting good grades. I wish I could get myself a little more motivated to do even better. I guess it's not as important this semester, but it is about to get to the point where it'll be impossible for me to survive without putting in A LOT of effort.


For the first time in possibly about 6 years I have a girlfriend. That might not seem to add up to some of you who are aware of my past, so I'll amend that statement. I have a girlfriend that doesn't live in another state (or across the country) and that I can spend a reasonable amount of time with. I kind of get happier and happier about it the more I hang out with her. We got some good news the other day and I'm happy about that. Then her birthday is on Monday and I'm getting to throw my first toga party because of it. I'm stoked. Well, we're not 100% officially going out yet.. but we have been acting more and more boyfriend-girlfriendy lately, and I'm going to officially ask her on Saturday sometime.

My life is also good because of money. My money situation is getting better. I got a call-back from the high school I want to work as a tutor for. This will unfortunately make me have to be more responsible with my drinking during the week, but I don't think I was going to be able to keep up that lifestyle anyway. Also, my residency petition was accepted and I'm now classified as an Arizona resident for tuition purposes. What does that mean? It means a 6,000-fucking-dollar refund, that's what it means! On top of that, my GI bill money has kicked in. All I gotta do now is get a hold on that asshole in CA who ripped me off, and I'll be square. Even my dad's gonna pay me back some money I lent him. Come to think of it, I'm starting to rethink this whole getting a job thing.

Hmm.... get a job.... drink all week long.... get a job..................... this is going to be a tough one.

Yeah... I should be doing some homework right now. Especially since when Baily gets back we're going shopping for groceries and stuff for the party.

I guess this is kind of a blog. Doesn't really have the feel of my usual blogs. I have realized that I have a heart. I thought I lost it while I was in the navy.

I do want to ask some advice though... when would be a good time to tell someone you're dating that you used to be married? Shouldn't be a big deal, right? I just don't know... it seems too weird to bring up nonchalantly and too important to never mention. Eh, whatever?

No comments: